Hit enter to search or ESC to close
It is important to understand when it is not appropriate for your particular situation. The most general rule of thumb is that you should have one done when you first purchase a home or apartment unless you are certain that the property will pass all inspections. If you move into an apartment, the second inspection should occur six months to one year after moving in.
In most cases, you should do a pest check at least one month before you move in. This allows a pest control company to come out and inspect the property before any furniture or other belongings are put in the house. This also allows them to catch any pests early before they become a nuisance. If you do not feel comfortable having a company come out and inspect your home, you can prepare for their visit by keeping your property clean. Keep trash cans covered and sweep and mop the floors.
1. Anytime you have a new rental property, you should contact your local pest control company to test for termites, ants, cockroaches, woodworms, and other pests. If you find any evidence of pests, you should have the pest control company deal with them immediately. You do not want the problem to grow and become a health risk to you or your family.
2. If you already own the property? There is no need to have a pest control company come out to your home if you have already gotten a referral. If you know there is a serious pest problem, it is a good idea to call in an expert right away. It could be that someone saw something on the property that they believe is a potential pest problem but has yet to be confirmed. In this case, you will not have time to try and deal with the issue yourself and risk potentially damaging the property or causing health risks to you and your family.
3. If you are not hiring a pest control company? If you do not know what you are dealing with, it is best to call a professional pest control company to come out and test for termites, ants, spiders, and other insects. They will let you know if there are actually bugs and what kind of infestation you have. This is very important information that could save you money and prevent further damage to your property.
4. If you already have a tenant? When a new tenant moves in, they may not be able to tell you everything about the property. If there are serious bugs and pests inside of the home, the landlord can request a professional pest control company to take a look at the home. This can prevent further damage and help you determine whether or not the tenant is responsible enough to remain in the home.
5. If you are considering renting? If you are going to rent a place, you need to make sure that there aren’t any serious problems with the structure itself. A pest control company can go in and test for termites, make sure there is no electrical wiring that could be dangerous, and also check for structural cracks or any other types of concerns.
You can decide when you are going to do one of these inspections based on your own personal situation. If there are some major issues with your home that you feel could have been prevented by having an inspection done, it would probably be a good idea to schedule one of these building and pest inspections. These can be very helpful in making your home safer and help you avoid problems that you would have had to deal with without one. Also, if you find out something after you move in that you didn’t know about, it can be easier to fix and make your home safer.
About the author
Housecheck NSW has more than 20 years of experience, providing a comprehensive range of services in the property and building industries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.