Monday, May 23rd, 2022

Precautions when using rat and mouse poison

Rats and mice are a pest that affects gastronomic, industrial and agricultural activities in most of the world. However, there are effective methods to eliminate them, such as rat poisons that guarantee their elimination, as long as it is used in the correct way.

With fast-acting rat poisons, rodents will perish in just a few minutes, while slow-acting rat poisons will perish over a period of days. Either one is effective if handled with the necessary precautions. It is recommended that carcasses be removed in time and carefully to avoid generating a condition that attracts other pests.

All rat poisons are highly toxic to humans, causing various discomforts if inhaled, touched or even ingested. Some warning symptoms are:

  • Headache
  • Vomiting, upset stomach.
  • kidney damage
  • eye irritations
  • Shortness of breath with physical activity
  • Lack of appetite
  • Paralysis

The mishandling of any of these poisons can not only harm humans, but also pets such as dogs or cats, who could present symptoms similar to those already mentioned. Latex or leather gloves are recommended for handling any of these rodent control poisons.

The baits are usually placed outside in burrows or places that have the ideal conditions for the accommodation and reproduction of rodents. They can also be placed inside the house, either in points where the light does not reach or in very neglected places, as long as bait holders are used.

This is also an excellent method to prevent the smell of some rat poisons from invading the interiors of homes and keep the air fresh. By following the proper steps of each of the baits, the effectiveness will grow.

It is recommended that all poison be placed in doses recommended by the product label, either inside these baits or outside, in order to monitor the presence or elimination of these animals.

Once you know more about these poisons and the precautions to be taken when using them, perform the procedure carefully to avoid accidents. If necessary, consult a pest control specialist to receive the advice you require.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.